Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ya'll are gonna laugh

at me. Next week my eldest starts middle school. (In our neck of the woods middle school consists of 7 and 8th grade students.) School has yet to start and its already kickin' my butt. This is going to be an interesting year- I can tell already. ;)

You see, up until now- we've always got a class list for supplies and such. Not this year. We've also been told teachers and class schedules before- not this year. We've been told the school rules and policy and procedures- not this year. Are you seeing a pattern here? Apparently the only parental involvement is a few forms we will need to fill out when the school is ready? I went in yesterday as it was the first day of fall sports and asked for some of the forms so that we could have them filled out and turned in when school starts... they didn't know where they were? These were important documents people. :S

Well, the good news that came from yesterday was that I learned that my son didn't have to get another physical this year for sports - Coach came and told me and gear handout. We had an appointment at the end of the week and were able to cancel it with this news. :)

We ran into town- stopped at Target and left thinking that I spent so much there I should never went in in the first place. You know how all that stuff adds up especially when you are buying school supplies and household cleaning supplies, don't you! Then to the mall and bought dear son his football cleats and accessories. And while in the mall I bought a new watch for myself for back to work. Then we did the grocery shopping. What an exciting day, right!?!? hehehe

I did not get a lick of scrapping done yesterday. And this morning is looking grim. Our power is going to be off all morning and possibly part of the afternoon while they work on some powerlines in our area so computer is being shut down after posting this. Time to cozy in and read a good book today I suppose. :)

Oh and here's the watch I found... it really was love at first sight! :)



You all have a fabulous Wednesday. TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I have had about "up to here" with our school this year. I understand where you are coming from. I love that watch!! Yay for you that you got something for yourself amidst all the back to school stuff :)

Andrea said...

It is so frustrating to have unorganized schools! We also haven't heard any info about school yet this year. Isaac will be going into first grade at the same school as last year, so that's not too big of a deal. But he will be going from half day to full day, so it would be nice to get lunch info, teacher info, school supply list, etc. And Joshua is going into Kindergarten so you think they would have given us some info by now. Good thing Isaac just did K last year so I have a good idea. I was just thinking the other day that we might have missed K orientation because I haven't heard anything about it and school is starting in a week and a half! :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin