Friday, August 11, 2006

The death of a coffee maker...

can be such a sad state of affairs. What seems like just a few months ago we had a rather expensive coffee maker that just suddenly quit. Yep! It simply refused to display any signs of life what-so-ever one morning when I woke. Since it didn't seem to last very long and we paid an arm and leg for it- we decided to settle on a less expensive model this time and bought an upper end Mr. Coffee maker. Well...this coffee maker did not have much longer a life span. It started leaking about three weeks ago- just a small amount. Yes it's progressed to producing a rather large puddle whenever I brew now. And I'm not an electrician but I'm certain that it isn't very safe. So needless to say, I must go shopping soon.

This weekend I am by my lonesome. I dropped the kids off last night and then came home and scrapped one lo.


(credits: All Holly McCaig stuff and font is courier)

This morning I got up and did the housework. Cared for the puppies and oh are they getting big. (New pic coming soon.) I also got out a bunch of my Cranberry candles and lit them. Yummy! They were put away for the spring/summer seasons but this morning was cool and crisp with that fall feel in the air... I simply couldn't resist. :D

And now I think that I will dig out some jewelry making supplies and maybe a cross stitch project and some dvd's for the lazy afternoon.

TGIF! Have a super day!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I hope you had a great day, Jennifer - sounds terrific! Fall in the air? Can I come visit you? I don't even know what that feels like. I guess I'll find out soon enough though...

super cute layout!

Sorry about the coffee maker. We've had ours for years, but of course, we aren't big time coffee drinkers. I use it to make tea. Gary has an occasional pot of coffee. I'm surprised the thing still works. It was a pre-marriage thing. Watch, next week, it won't work after I just jinxed myself. lol

Andrea said...

Dang, bad luck with the coffee pots, huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin