Thursday, July 05, 2007

The 4th

was lots of fun. We stuck around home for the most part. We had all the traditional stuff... watermelon, chips and dip, hotdogs and popcicles and such. We let off a few firework in the evening... the kids still love the sparklers. I had a few good picture opportunities and I played with some settings on my camera. Here's one lo I did of darling daughter. :)



And I have an awesome opportunity to play this summer in The Amazing Race digi style of course. This should be so much fun. Can hardly wait to play!

Today we finished watching the movies we rented the other day. We watched Nanny McPhee... now the kids had seen it before now but I had not. It was not one of my most favorite Colin Firth movies (He's Mr. Darcy to me, lol!)but I thought the story was cute and the movie was done well. I enjoyed watching it. The other movies we got really were just older favs of the kids. In the afternoon, we returned the movies and then went bowling for a couple of hours in the nice air conditioned alley. The kids and I had bowled well for us (which means we broke 100, hehehe) and just enjoyed the time out and about.

Remember the neighbors dog and that situation? Well here's an update - it improved a great deal for a few months, in fact, we wondered at times if they still had the dog since he stopped coming altogether. Well he showed up a couple of weeks ago before we went on vacation and was here for a long afternoon before one of the kids came to get him. We haven't been back long and the dog came over on Monday and has been here since. They haven't come looking for him either. I felt bad for him last night since people were lighting off fireworks but he ran and hid under our house. At least he was safe I suppose.

Well, I need to go tuck the kids in for bed. Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Oh goodness I have been so busy I have not been able to look at my blogs.. I cant believe I haven't seen that many posts.. I love all your layouts... the red white and blue one really caught my eye.. I love it.... so funny I was thinking about you today. I was using the USB drive you gave me... what a sweetie... seeing you all out on the water really made me miss the Columbia River during the hot weather we would spend all our time out on the water with the jet skis. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin