Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ramblings...really!

This is one of those mornings when you wake up and have all those little odds and bits going through your head. Nothing a great importance just little things like- I'm thrilled we found all the puppies a good home and we can now clean all the carpets this weekend since we are puppy free. - Also thinking about how long today is going to be for me and the kids. I work today from 8:30 to 3:00 have a break until 4:15 and then working again until 8:15. And that makes for a long day. - Another thought - ever since I was a little girl I've had a phobia of dentists. Why am I telling you this? Well I have been very lucky as an adult and needed very little work on my teeth. A few weeks ago I went in with the kids for our regular checkup and the dentist tells me I have the beginning of a cavity. Really no biggie under normal circumstances but this little spot is near a old filling so he wants to go digging around. EEEK! It took me two weeks to get up the courage to call in to make the appointment and then when I did the office was closed. So this is probably why its on my mind this morning - I should call on my break today and bite the bullet. <*sigh*>

Well I'll leave you off with one more silly little thing- a memory that has me chuckling again this morning. Children are SO SWEET! A few day ago while at work a group of kids came running up to me. (These were small kids around 6 and 7 years old.) They were hooting and hollering "Teacher, teacher..... look what we found!" Then they proudly sport a rather large tree frog. They were really cute! I really love that age. So back to the story.... I tell them that if you flip the frog over and gently rub its belly that it'll take a nap. They giggle and run off. About four minutes pass and one child comes back over to me. "Teacher! Look he's asleep!" Then out comes his grimey little hand to proudly display a frog lying motionless on its back on his palm. I smiled. He smiled. Then jokingly I asked him if he could hear the frog snoring. The little boy's face gets a puzzled look and he slowly retracts his arm and leans his ear down near the frog to listen.

Cracked me up! ;)

Shall insert a rooster call here for those of you I've put to sleep with my rather boring ramblings? ;)

Thanks for visiting and have a super hump day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, you are so funny, you never put me to sleep! hehe That is interesting (if gross) about the frog sleeping! And I loved reading that about the children. Good memories :) Kids are the best.

I am so with you on the dentists. If there is one thing I hate it is going THERE! Ick. (along with my other phobias of amphibians, reptiles, rodents, insects....well you get the picture :-p) heehee

Gwen said...

I love kids and how funny they are!

Dentists? Yipes... I will wish you luck with that. You know you have to do it, but that doesn't make it any easier! (((hugs)))

Andrea said...

Too cute about the frog! :) And good luck with the dentist.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin