Monday, November 10, 2008

Mystery Solved

Upon returning to work after my last post, a teacher popped her head into my room and made the comment, "I bet you'll be in the spirit early this year." I was wondering what in the heck she was talking about and then it hit me. My room is next to the music classroom at school and they have been practicing Christmas carols in preperation for the upcoming concert. I just giggled. Clearly, the music doesn't bother me at all. In fact, she was correct- it has put me in the spirit early this year. Fa la la la la, la la la la....

Last weekend was dear son's 15th birthday. This is the birthday streak in the family... 3 of them in 3 weeks. Craaaazy! But really, it's all good. He had a wonderful birthday and celebrated with his family and a few close friends. Here's a pic of him and the "almond joy" cake darling daughter and I made for him.



Darling daughter went to her first boy/girl halloween party. It was fun to help her get all dressed up. She dressed out of her closet believe it or not. With the help of a little colored hairspray and some of mom's old jewelry she was a perfect little 80's rock star. :)



I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately and today, dear son came home from school with the same type of feverish symptoms. Flu season is here. I slept a lot this weekend. Luckily I have today and tomorrow off as well. I'm hoping that the extra rest will get us all back in shape before the holidays are here.

Speaking of holidays... here's a lo I worked on since my last post. It's of our Thanksgiving last year.



I also did a lo of our old lab. Cookie was a wonderful dog whom we loved very much. It's been three years now and we still think so fondly of her. Although she's no longer with us, when I came across this photo over the weekend I just felt compelled to scrap it.



I look at these lo's and always think I should journal more. It is something I always aspire to improve. I was lucky enough to get in on the "Stories in Hand" class taught by Jessica Sprague. It starts today and I am so very excited. I hope it inspires me to get those words down on my lo's more often. Fun fun fun! And I think registration has been extended through this evening. If its something you are interested in, you should stop by her website and sign up!

Today I've been sitting at the ol' computer and giving the blog a facelift. It's been so neglected lately. I have had such dreams for it but it seems to be the first thing cut out of the schedule when I'm running short on time. I am happy to say, I've added some hybrid tutorials today. I am trying to make the blog more informational and easier to navigate. Thanks for sticking with me through the changes.

I am getting ready to go pick up my sweet cat Harley from the vet soon ( he had the 'snip snip' today ), I hope things went well for the poor little guy. We'll pamper him this evening and we plan on picking up a few movies at the rental store to watch this evening and tomorrow. A lazy evening planned here in our household. I can almost smell the hot chocolate now. Soon- the couch, a cozy blanket or two, and the kids and I have a date. Hehehe!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is gorgeous! LOVE the layouts :) Happy Birthdays!!! :) The pics of the kids are awesome. I cannot believe he is 15!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin