Sunday, October 26, 2008

Christmas?

My house is decorated with pumpkin and gourds, sunflowers and leaves, bats and ghouls yet I feel the Christmas spirit. Why is that? Fall is actually my most favorite time of year. I love the beauty in this season. I love the crisp fall air and the turning leaves. I love the generosity we see from people as they think of Thankgiving looming. But this year, I have caught the Christmas bug a bit early. I actually am playing Christmas music today. Lol!

We stopped a few weeks ago at a bazaar near our home. It's held it this great old barn and they open it up for two weekends a year for a Harvest and a Christmas bazaar. Anyway- we stopped a few weeks ago and I just fell in love with the winter decorations and left with several. Those items are now tucked away until its time to do the Christmas decorating but oh how I am ready for that. I've been enjoying the hot chocolate in the evening too, which we usually do closer to winter. So what's up with my internal time clock? Lol!

I turned 38 this week. My dear hubby has been away for work since the night before my grandmother passed away and I miss him. The kids have been great considering all that's happened recently and went all out to make by birthday special. It was so nice of them. Whenever the kids ask me how old I am I always reply, "I'm a spring chicken." So darling daughter made a cake for me and it was just that. She's such a sass but how cute is this!?!?!





I do have to admit that 38 isn't starting off the best. On Friday I was walking out to my car after work and my ankle rolled. I went down like a load of bricks right there in the parking lot. Scratched up both of my knees and palms, broke by Starbucks cup I was carrying, and ruin my shoes. Two days later, every muscle in my upper body hurts- undoubtedly from trying to break the fall. Embarrassing!

My son will be 15 years old next weekend. *faint* It scares me to death to think he will be driving in 6 months. He is a great kid and is responsible, however, he is SO immature. I can see my 12 year old daughter behind the wheel but not my son. How do you deal with that? Well we've had a lot of talks with him about it lately. He needs to "grow up" some before I can see this happening. I love him to bits and feel bad saying that but it does have me concerned. Hopefully there will be continued growth for him in the next few months. Any pearls of wisdom you would like to share with me on this subject?

Here's a few things I worked on in the past few weeks- TFL!

Change of address cards and a tag book-



And a lo of one of our three poms-



That's sweet adorable Riley. He is as shy as all get out but is always smiling. In this pic is his grin - he also has a great big smile. (Or at least I think so.) Lol!

Thanks again everyone for the thoughtful comments and emails... I really appreciated them!!! I hope you all have a wonderful week and a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! 38 ain't so bad. It's grown on me in the last few months. Of course, if anyone ever asks my age, I still have to stop and think about it. That little internal voice always asks, "Are you really 38???!!!" - then I do the math and 2008-1970 really does = 38, doesn't it? LOL

I hope you're not too sore still. What a fall. :(

Shannon said...

Happy birthday to you, Jennifer! I hope that 38 starts to treat you better! I love the cake your daughter made... did she use fondant? She's quite the little baker.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin