Sunday, November 30, 2008

Is it taboo?

They say one should not talk about money, religion or politics...

I want to discuss religion. Today we are starting at a new church and we are full of hope. With these changes I've been giving this area thought...

I've had an interesting relationship with religion in my life. My mother was "religious" and my father was agnostic. Growing up, my mother was not what I would consider a christian, but because she went to church most Sunday's she felt that was all that was necessary to qualify for the title. (Breezing through this period here because we all know people like that...) Growing up, I had real questions about religion which my mother "the christian" couldn't answer but instead embarrassed me telling others I was a "non-believer". This lead me, as a child, to feel that if her poor lifestyle was a "christian" one... Then heck yeah I was agnostic too!

Luckily, in my heart, I knew different.

So in most of my adult life I have chose to go to church. I have chose to live(and live being the operative word here) a christiam life. I have come to terms with the religion I grew up with and that which I know to be true. I don't preach or judge. I set an example in my every day living.

I left a church I attended many years ago when I moved and got married. My husband and I have attended another church which we came to love as a second family. The church began having trouble a few years ago which led to change. So we have been searching for a new home once again. The pastor of our old church who is also a great friend suggested the church we are attending this morning. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope this church is what our family is looking to become part of. It's very exciting!

I just read the post to this point and you know, I haven't also been able to sum that up so neatly. I've really come a long way. I'm proud of myself! :)



And moving on. So... Thanksgiving weekend here has been wonderful. We had tons of delicious food. I cooked and this year it seemed like a breeze. Really! Some years it feels like I'm in the kitchen all day and even need help at times, but this year it all come together so quick and neat. I even got in a nap!

Friday, dear hubby, daughter and I went out shopping. Four in the morning is too early to rise! Lol! But I did in fact get some most awesome deals. This was darling daughters first time out on Black Friday. She too loved the deals. I don't always go out the day after Thanksgiving, but with money being tight this year, I braved the crowds. Later that day we had left overs and watched a family movie.

Saturday, the husband and kids decorated the outside of the house with Christmas lights. I stayed inside and unpacked the village and other decorations. In the evening we headed to PIR. We had a great night. Dinner at BJ's, ice cream at Cold Stone, and a tour of winter wonderland lights. It was a wonderful evening... almost magical. The weather was just perfect- no rain but cool and crisp. I was able to have the window rolled down through the light show so I could take pics. It was awesome!

Today, we are going to church and then coming home to decorate the inside of the house and our tree. Fun fun fun! My camera is going to be loaded by the time this weekend is over. :)

I also scrapped a lo in the last few days-



I have a couple more things in the works but that I'll save for another post.

Thank you for stopping in. I hope you are all happy and well - and reflecting on a amazing weekend you shared with your family!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Very well said.. I hope you loved the church.

Where did you go for the holiday light show?

I feel the same way you do about Thanksgiving... isn't that funny.. I felt it was easy.. I did prep some things ahead of time.. that helped a ton.

Love your layout.. very cute.

Joy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin