Saturday, April 18, 2009

The weekend

Yay! It's the weekend. And it is supposed to be a very bright and warm one too in my neck of the woods. We need a little sunshine here. :)

We've been working putting in a garden. We had one for years but living in the forest it didn't grow as well as I had hoped so it seemed silly to continue putting that much time and effort in for little result. So we let it go years ago. So about three or four years ago we cleared some of our land and planted grass so that we would have a "lawn" for the kids to run and play in. Much improvement.Now back to the garden- with room from the clearing we decided to give a garden another try on another area of our property because really, everyone in the family loved gardening. So that's what we've been up to lately. We staked it off and have been skinning the topsoil and fencing it in. (Gotta keep the rabbits and deer out.) This weekend or early next week it should be planted. :)

Today I am running my computer back to Best Buy. I decided to take it to another Best Buy rather than the squad that "fixed it" last time. This had been really frustrating to me. I'm hoping to have much better results this time. So again I have limited means on the internet and scrapping until I get my baby back from the shop. Please bear with me!

Yesterday was a fun day at work because I got a new Mac! I had a dinosaur of a computer to work on there and it was dying a slow painful death let me tell you... lol! So they ordered me a brand new mini and I got it yesterday in the afternoon. I'll get to set it up next week and maybe (just maybe) doing so will pull me over to the Mac side. Hahaha. Really- I'm not due for a new computer but in another year or two I will give both pc and mac a good look before buying. Are you a Mac or a PC?

I made a hybrid banner for spring. Hung it in the living room in the window where the sun sets. Later I went to take pics to show and realize it was not photographing very well. The light from the window was throwing colors off. So when I show you my latest project, please know that it looks much cleaner and sharper in real life. The walls in my livingroom are tan and the banner is yellow but its hard to tell with the pics.



Last night, my son had his first date. It was so sweet! I did get to drive them to and pick them up from the movies but didn't have a way to sneak a pic without being a totally embarrassing mother- so I'll have to get creative when it comes time to doing a layout. And I must be doing something right, because I watched him and thought how he was such a gentleman. He picked her up at the door, met her dad, opened the car door for her... you get the idea and I was really proud of him.

I'm still feeling kind of cruddy. I'm on day 6 of a 10 prescription. Here's hoping some fresh air and some bright sun will do me good this weekened. I hope you all are well and planning to enjoy your weekend too. Thanks for checking in on me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin