Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School

It's been pretty good for me this week. The first week we are really hopping and there is so much to do. Next week is when a more regular paced schedule will begin. That will be nice.

My children had their school orientations this week at their new schools. We thought it was on Wednesday so darling daughter and I painted her nails, put her hair in curlers, and set out the 'perfect outfit' the night before. She was so nervous. She will get 1 elective class this year. When they asked her what she wanted, she decided on yearbook. (That is a perfect class for her too because she is great at writing, photography, and loves working on computers.) So at the end of the year conference last spring, the teacher tells us that yearbook is "the most popular class" in Junior High. He said that only 20 students in Junior High get in. It's a year long commitment and really only the most focused students get the opportunity. He gave us an application but had daughter pick out other class choices. We of course filled out the appl. last spring. Darling daughter has kept her hopes in check all summer, but occasionally bringing up that she hopes she made the cut. So Wednesday we go to drop her off for orientation and .... I got the date wrong. The orientation was on Thursday. What a bad mom I am. I felt SO Sorry. She was so disappointed. We had to do it all again the next night. (At least she slept better the next night.) So we tried it again yesterday morning and my husband and I dropped her off before I went to work. She saw some of her old friends, got a tour, and her schedule. I called her on my break and she couldn't wait to tell me that SHE MADE YEARBOOK!!! Wahoo!!! I'm so proud of her!!! In the afternoon dear son did his orientation. And last night we went to both schools to pay fees and take tours. It was a lot of fun. The kids were both getting very excited for school to begin.

Well, this is really a hit and run post. I need to get ready for work. This long weekend I am going to be home alone for most of it. I plan to steam clean the carpets, do my chores, finish up a couple of hybrid projects, and check out Sims 2 apartment life. We picked it up this week but I haven't had a chance to play. I'm wild and crazy, right? LOL! I hope you all have a super weekend and travel safe if you are going out and about. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin