Saturday, August 23, 2008

I *heart* garage sales!

This is one of many reasons why-



For this and a small stack of paperbacks I paid 14 buckaroos. Now I should have enough reading until the holidays roll around. (Yes I'm a book geek.) I love to read before going to sleep each night. It relaxes me and refocuses my mind to a state of calm after a crazy day.

We've had 70 degree weather and terrenchal rains all week. Today it's supposed to be sunny and near 90. We're still have the oddest weather with huge swings. But today if the lawn dries out enough, were hoping to get it all mowed and weeded. It's overdue and looking a little shabby. This weekend I also plan on finishing up the little bit left to do in the kitchen and cleaning out my closet. The closet and going through my clothes I've totally been putting off but with going back to work Monday the time has now come. I'll be glad when it's done though, right?

I have to share my huge heart attack moment with you too. (A little note here- I'm a hairdresser/instructor on sabbatical. I took time off when the kids were little so that I'd have more time with them. Eventually all my volunteering time at their school led to a position there which I took so that I'd only be working when they were at school and home when they were home. So I don't do hair much anymore- just a family and friends.) A friend came over yesterday to get a weave done I asked the kids to hang out in their rooms while she was here. The kids had been quiet and in their rooms the entire time. So I tap on their doors to check on them when my friend left. Dear son was playing is PS3. Darling daughter though was not in her room. I start checking the other rooms in the house looking for here but she was not to be found. Finally, I go to look in my bedroom and find the door locked. Hmmmmmmmm. So I orignally think that she may have locked it if her brother had been acting up and I didn't know it. Either way this was the first time the kids had locked themselves into my room and it was odd. So I knocked. No answer. I knocked louder. Nothing. I pounded on the door. Nadda. Panic crept in a little I examined the lock. It didn't have a key. By that time, dear son has come out of his room wondering what all the commotion is about. I explain and then went to hunt down a screwdriver to take apart the knob if I must. Son banged very loudly on the door and hollered for his sister. No response. Suddenly all these horrible scenerios flooded my head of possible reasons she couldn't answer us. Frantically I took apart the knob. It took longer than it should have and I couldn't get it all out at first so I crouched down to look through the hole. Couldn't see her. Finally, I busted my way in and skimmed the room but didn't see her. I ran to my bathroom but it was empty. Can I say FREAKING OUT! At this point, I hear brother laughing. Ran back into my bedroom where he points to darling daughter lying on my bed hidden is mounds of blankets and pillows, sleeping soundly. I couldn't believe she was sleeping through all the noise. I check to make sure she was breathing and left her be. But oh my gosh- in that 10 minutes or so... I was really frightened. Later when she got up, she didn't remember a thing or why the door might have been locked. At least all ended well.

On to scrapping things... I made this gift card holder this week.



I have a few other projects that need some finishing touches and then I'll get them posted soon.

I've been eyeing the sale today over at the shabby pickle. They sure have some cute stuff. I may do a little shopping after playing with darling daughter on the we fit this morning. She's here and getting a little impatient. I'd better go.

You all have a super super fantabulous weekend. Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I love garage sales too! Thank you for all your kind words! I should be back in digi world soon my CTs were nice enough to give me a nice long break!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin