Sunday, September 07, 2008

Exhausted and broke

Oh yeah this is Ever Thankful, Always Grateful. Let me try this again... I'm thankful it's the weekend because the week was exhausting and I'm grateful to have everything I need for the time being because I'm broke. lol!

Seriously, this week was really hard getting the kids back into the swing of school. And I had to run them around all week to things after school as well. Get this... One night I had to run darling daughter back down to the school where we were supposed to report so that we could be given her math assignment. Apparently, they do Fantasy Football as the entire fall math program at her Junior High. Yes you heard me right. We show up and the staff are proudly wearing football jersey's and were seemingly very excited. Now if I knew anything about football or algebra, this may have been an interesting idea. But truely, the teacher could have been speaking German for that 45 minutes and it would have had the same results. I don't get it! *Sigh!*

The kids started Junior High and High School this year. OMGoodness!!! I always buy clothes and supplies so I knew of those costs. But school fees are killing me. ASB cards, annuals, meal tickets, club fees, fees for some courses and tests.... sports fees, paid for extra meds to leave at school, and so on and so forth. This is crazy! I shall start saving a little each month in January so that this won't be such a shock next year. Now I know. Do you think the kids will understand when there are no presents under the Christmas tree this year?

Although this week was much of a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr--- This is something that was such a sweet surprise. Look what Karah made as her latest kit release.



And here is what I did with it. This is a pic from my childhood.



And I'll leave you with a few things that I am totally loving this last few weeks. Yankee Peach candles, Sims 2 apartment life, beautiful fall blooms on my hydrangas, the crisp cool fall weather, the spice pumpkin cake daughter makes this time of year, and re-reading the Twilight series with my daughter. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow thats beautiful!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your layout and I SO LOVE that pic of you in the kit. You are just gawgeous dahhhling! :)

And I hear ya about the school costs. I tell ya, I love only having to buy books! LOL ;)

I can't believe how fast kids grow up. :( But I love it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin