Thursday, August 07, 2008

What a wonderful week this has been.

And its only Thursday! Wahooooooooooo!

The weekend was nice and dh ran the garage sale on Saturday. That left us with maybe two trips to town to get the rest of the stuff to the Goodwill. Yay! Purge purge purge.

Monday morning we got up and packed a picnic. We dug out the suntan lotion, sand buckets and kites. And then off to the beach we went. We had so much fun!

So on our way to Seaside, we passed a sign that said there was an Amish sale. We had to stop. Look what was out front of the building. It was so interesting to see!





We were almost to Seaside when we had to make another stop at the scrapbook store in Warrenton. We live in a small city with no local scrapbook store, so when we travel out of town I look for these. This store was a very nice one too with lots of stock. I picked up a few things. :)

Then we finally reached Seaside. We went shopping, to the aqarium, and then down on the sand. Here's some pics feeding the sealions.





And here's a lo I did of dear son on the beach.



And here's a pic of the kids playing in the sand.



Tuesday my dear hubby went to work and I laid the outdoor carpet on the front porch. All it needs now is the railing and it'll be finished! Yay! Also Tuesday was the last day dear son had a summer class. It's so nice that he's finished with that. It also means summer is winding down though. *eek!*

Wednesday we ran some errands and went grocery shopping in the morning. In the afternoon we caught up with some friends and spent the afternoon with them. My girlfriend and I beaded while the kids were playing. It was really nice to get out of the house and visit. I didn't make anything spectacular. Mostly I did some much needed repairs so that things would be fixed for back to school wear.

Today, I am planning a trip for us to go to 6 flags next week. We've been talking about it off and on all summer long and the time is finally here. It should be loads of fun and a crazy day. I'm also contemplating going through all my clothing today and weeding out some things. The closet needs to be reorganized-- its harried up and grown over somehow this summer.

Thanks for checking in. If you are a Digi Chick shopper, be sure to stop by the store as they are having a great sale through tomorrow - store wide!

Oh and one last thing... I was downloading some fonts the other day (which I still need to install btw) and I found this neat little site. Check it out! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been purging a lot too!! :)
I love the beach! Looks like a fun day! Hope your trip will be a good one!!

Joy said...

Hi Jennifer... I am in Eastern Washington right now... and boy do I look forward to going home where it is not so hot.

Did you see the small scrapbook store in Gearhart?

Love your layout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin