Saturday, March 03, 2007

Lily

So let me start at the beginning and move backward. The other night I brought the laptop into the livingroom and was working on it while the dogs (all five of them) were wrestling around on the carpet. I was watching the power cord because they were running back and forth through the area where it was plugged in when suddenly Lily bit into it. I freaked and she was getting a buzz. Luckily her tooth peirced only one of the three wires or I'm certain she would be dead. Very freaky. So moving backward... she started out as my dh dog and would travel with him. When with him she got into this terrible habit of chewing through electical cords. I count tell you how many cords she's bit. We've tried repeatedly to break her of the habit all the while being so thankful that she had never bit into a cord that was plugged in. Well, now we are thankful that she did not die. Again it was aweful but I hope that she will now be afraid of biting into cords.

You know, I won't go into detail, but this week I was really reminded once again that life is like a puzzle and that we each get but a small piece. If we are lucky we may see a few other pieces along the way, but really we never know what the entire puzzle looks like until we all come together to contribute to the big picture. For what its worth...

And this weekend has been so nice as we are on winter break. We've had Thursday and Friday off which was a good thing since we woke to about 2.5 inches of snow the first day. Yay! The kids played for a short while in it then it was slush by afternoon. Me, I did do some scrapping.

And the kids started riding this past summer/fall and here's a lo of them playing.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend all! And give your pets some extra loving today.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yikes, I can't believe the dog is OK after that. Thank goodness :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin