Saturday, February 17, 2007

A birthday, valentines day, Grey's Anatomy and

the secret. Let's start at the beginning.

Monday was my darling daughters 11th birthday. We had a very special day planned for her. Dh stayed up late Sunday night and made homemade cupcakes for her to take to school Monday. Then he delivered them to her at school and sat and ate lunch there with her. Her best friend came home with her that afternoon and we had dd's favorite dinner - spegetti- bo-betty. (Don't ask, she's just called it that forever. hehe) And then some cake and at her request, creme brulee. What more could a girl want? It was a really nice day.


And Valentines's day, well it was nice too. Here's lo I made. Dh bought me a cup and thermos, and yes I'm spoiled rotten! ;)


Yikes! Grey's was a doozey! Will they kill off Meredith or not? I generally do not like to see the gorey shows but I really liked the last two episodes. And isn't McDreamy so dreamy!!! Just love that he jumped in after Meredith. What a leap of faith he took to think that she was in the water and that he could save her. I just love this show!!!

And yesterday I headed home after work so that I could watch Oprah. Now I don't watch it regularly but yesterday's episode was a second segment on the Secret. I taped it because was really such an interesting topic. Did you see it? I've been reading the book this week and it has really stirred something in me. Good things I tell you!

With that I'll lead into a list of things I'm grateful for!

  1. I'm grateful that my dd is feeling better
  2. I'm grateful for the friends in my life
  3. I'm grateful for my students and their efforts
  4. I'm grateful that I have an opportunity to be a positive influence in others
  5. I'm grateful that I notice and appreciate the "little" things in life
  6. I'm grateful that my children are trying hard in school this week
  7. I'm grateful my dh and I have a loving marriage
  8. I'm grateful that we both have the opportunity to work doing what we love

And here's a lo I did of my ds in his new leather jacket. Doesn't he look handsome! This was taken a couple of weeks ago at his church youth group meeting.

Well I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. It's a three day weekend for us so Yippee! Maybe I can get the house chores done and do some scrapping. Have a great one all!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Your dh is definitely a keeper! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin