Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm a bad blogger

and scrapper this week for that fact. We have just been go go go since returning from vacation.

I must share with you my Best Buy story. My laptop was having issues and I thought the warrenty was no longer in effect. Luckily, I was wrong and it was still covered so I took it into BB a few weeks ago.

Me: "Here's my laptop which is under warrenty (provided papers). I would like you to fix the ac adapter inside the computer as it has come unsoldered from the motherboard."

BB Geek: "Not a problem. May I suggest that you pay us to back up all your documents so that you don't have to start from scratch when you get it back from service?"

Me: "Why would I need to start from scratch if all you are doing in worst case scenario is replacing the motherboard and the number 5 key?" (points to hole in keypad)

BB Geek: "Well I sent out a laptop to have the screen replaced because of a pixel issue and they wiped it clean. It really might be worth a $100.00 in case that happens to you."

Me: Deep sigh. Thinking what a lovely sales ploy this is. "Fine!"

Fast forward two weeks-

Me: "Hi I'm here to pick up my laptop. You left a message that it was ready for pick up."

New BB Geek: "Let me go find that for you."

Me: endure a 10 minute wait while witness to some serious whispering between my geek and fellow geeks. I begin to fret.

New BB Geek: "Here's your computer." He did his best to look cool calm and collected at this point.

Me: "Did they wiped my data?"

New BB Geek: "No! Everythings fine and they did the repairs you requested. So just sign here." Hands me a pen.

Me: "Great!" I pick up the pen and while reviewing the papers I inquire to my back up disc I paid $100.00 for.

New BB Geek: Stammering- "A... well see that's a problem. I can't find it. Or any documentation that it was done before we sent it out. This has NEVER happened before."

Me: "So its a really good thing that service didn't mess up on my computer."

I actually had to insist up a refund for the back up disc fee since I was not provided a disc nor did they have proof that one was ever made. Normally its a flat fee and non refundable. Sheesh guys!

So when I got it home I decided to add some funk and painted the armrest. You like?



**************

About three weeks ago we took dh's pup in to be spayed. Then last week we took my dog in to be fixed and have his baby teeth pulled that never fell out on their own. Well when I got him in the vets office I learned that he really needed to have his dew claws removed and that it was quite a procedure. My poor little guy! His recovery has been tough on him. How sad is this?

************
Well no scrapping done what so ever. The closest thing was making a new profile pic. But now that we're settled back in I hope to have time this weekend. Have a fantastic Friday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin