Saturday, March 07, 2009

Stopping in quickly

to say I'm still kicking. My thyroid med I've recently started appears to be giving me some funky side effects so it was finally changed yesterday. Hopefully the new presciption will be better for me.

When I got home yesterday afternoon from my doctor appointment, I learned my computer was broken. :( I love my computer and I'm so sad that I have to do without it for a bit while the geek squad gives her some TLC.

Did I mention I had to dig out my dinosaur of a laptop that is like 7 or 8 years old to get by? Ssssssslow! How did we do it back then? lol! It's actually kind of funny to have the old laptop out though. The kids monitor died a few weeks ago and in a pinch I brought in the old huge monster of a monitor that was stored out in the garage. We all laughed and joked we were totally going retro. It matched quite well with an old rotary phone we have in the same room. A few days later my darling daughter's cell phone died and she was teasing me that she'd have to used this really old cell phone we had stuffed in the back of a drawer- keeping with the retro theme. Lol! At least they have a sense of humor, right?! We actually had an extra Razor she is using but it gave us a little giggle that afternoon. And now the laptop is rev'ed up and in my room. Not quite retro but definately old.

Well, this morning I cleared off my craft table. I have tons of ideas swimming around in my head. So this evening I plan on getting my hands dirty. :)

It's been snowing off and on all day. They are calling for a few inches tonight and more through the next two days. I hope you are dry and warm in your neck of the woods. Have a great weekend and I'll do a better post with pictures when I get my computer back.

Good night all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin