Sunday, June 08, 2008

Howdy!

Did that sound chipper? I was trying really hard to sound chipper.

Actually I'm having kind of a bad day. Darling daughters teacher had a stray momma cat that had a litter and abandon the babies. She asked some of her students if they would like a kitten. DD took one earlier this week. Now mind you these kittens were only 5 weeks-ish old and had been without momma for a week or so prior to that. Anyway... this kitten came into the family with a bang. It was adorable and had a darling personality. She seemed to be a real scrapper of a cat. Needless to say, we just fell in love with "Cali" over the last few days. This morning I woke and found her dead. My daughter was away overnight which I'm thankful for, but I called her and we cried on the phone together. I know that these things happen but its so sad when they do.

Prior to today, I've been a scrapping. I've just been having a great time with the goods from TDC since I joined the team. Here's what I worked on. These are all of events since the last post too.

Apple-



Track Districts-



Ants-



The first two lo's are from dear son's Districts. He ran and did the long jump. It was really pretty exciting to watch him. He did so great especially for this being his first year too. And while we were there on the stands, darling daughter grabbed the camera and took a bunch of pics. So of course I took that opportunity to use some of those too. It's really special to see yourself through your childs eyes. And boy am I lucky that she loves me so!

Last Saturday dear son was away at a birthday party so darling daughter had a friend over. They had a great time. We are talking- ant hunting, butterfly catching, trampoline playing, 4 wheeler riding good old time. Oh and did I mention there were popcicles involved too. It's so wonderful when they take that time to go do outside activities. It really was a great day and I was snapping pics along the way!

School is almost out in our neck of the woods. This last week I've been scrambling to wind things up at work during the day and in the evenings helping the kids with their end of the year projects and reports. I think we got the last one turned in Friday and so it should be smooth sailing this week.

In the past few weeks I've really been evaluating myself and more importantly my time. I'm one of those people who give and give and give. I'm am completely involved in my kids lives. I give a 150% at work to my students. I rarely ever say no to anything that involves me helping out at school functions and activities. Same goes with my friends and their children. Literally! They all call me mom! I do know how to say no... after much thought, I think I need to start doing so. I have very little time for me. I feel so selfish when I say that, but I know its important for even us mom's to have time for ourselves. So this week I am determined to finish up work/school and turn a new leaf. I will start making myself important in my decision making. That is what I am going to work on this summer break. ME.

Sorry to open here with such a downer. It's just been a sad day. Thanks so much for checking in on me. I hope it's bright and sunny where you are and you are enjoying every minute of it! Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your kitten :(

The layouts are awesome. I especially love the first one. That expression is one of my faves :)

I hope you have a good summer to take care of yourself! I feel guilty about going to Weight Watchers. But that is me taking care of me. I have come to realize that I must do something for myself, too, so that I can be around for everyone else! ;)

Anne said...

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. (((hug)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin