Friday, May 09, 2008

This week has been crazy

Surreal really.

Long story short, my son- he is rarely ever sick. He is really pretty healthy... definately the healthiest in our family. He complains about regular teenage stuff but never about how he is feeling.

So when dear son came to me Sunday night and said his chest hurt - his heart to be specific- and that he couldn't take in a deep breath- I was listening. I've had most of this week off from work and he has been to the doctor and hospital for tests. We've been referred to a pediatric cardiologist which we are driving to Portland to see on Monday. *deep sigh*

It sounds as though they are concerned with the rhythm. The concept of your child's heart not working quite right is SO SCARY! Any good thoughts and/or prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

your family will be in my prayers sweety!!!

Anne said...

How scary, Jennifer. Keep us posted. (((hug)))

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Jennifer!

I hope everything is ok with him!! Definitely keep us posted. How terribly scary!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin