Thursday, May 15, 2008

No news is good news?

We haven't heard anything back from the doctor so maybe it means things are okay.

While waiting I thought I'd update with a more upbeat post...

I'm not sure I mentioned this but we started geocaching over spring break - first week of April. We had discussed it and spoke of doing it for the past year but just hadn't. So on spring break we registered at an online site and printed off some of the caches in our area and off we went. The first time out was a little discouraging because we didn't know what we were looking for. We only found at one stop. However, we have gone out a few more times now and are really getting the hang of it. It is such an awesome family activity! Of course our first trip out I had to take along the camera. He's a lo I did.




A few weeks ago, dear hubby took the kids out "shopping". Although it wasn't said, I figured they were doing their mother's day planning while he was home. First you need to know that my dear hubby is really sweet and tries really hard to do nice things for me on special days or holidays, however, he can't keep a surprise to save his life. He can't plan ahead for things more than the night before or he'll totally spill. lol! They went out that day and came home with these beautiful flowers. I thought these were my mothers day gift but they surprised me and said they were "just because". How nice was that! These flowers were so pretty and the sweet smell filled the house until last night when their blooms finally fell.




So mother's day came, and I was all frazzled about dear son. But we still had a lovely day together. The afternoon turned out nice so we went out geocaching and then came home and had dinner together. After dinner we had planned on watching a movie together. That's when they sprung gifts on me. I was truely surprised because never did my dh even mention gifts. He totally kept a secret. LOL! The gifts were nice and really heartfelt, but the fact that he actually planned and followed through on surprising me instead of blabbing is the point of this story. Needless to say, I had a wonderful mother's day. And I'm very proud of dh. ;)

Today is supposed to be a scorcher. It's been in the low temps and raining all week and today it's supposed to jump to the 90's. Crazy! I could tell the temp. was rising late yesterday because it started becoming very humid out. Yuck! And tonight is darling daughters spring concert. I hope it cools off a little before then.

Yesterday in the mail I got the Pier 1 mailer and can I just say... Love it this spring. I love love love the bright and bold colors. Love patterns and fun textures. I loved everything in the catolog. We were going through town any way yesterday so darling daughter and I stopped in. If only I had endless funds... lol. Seriously, I was lucky I made it out of there spending only $30. Awesome stuff going on there this spring - be warned!

Well, I'd love to share more but I must get ready for work. I hope you all have a super Thursday. Stay cool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is geocaching?? I am so glad your dh was able to keep the surprise! How nice!! :)

Jennifer C. said...

OMGosh Lawanda, it is so much fun. It's basically like a giant savenger hunt. It's done world wide and so some finds are very easy where others are more difficult and can require more work to get. (It tells you on the site the difficulty level and the size of the cache your are looking for.) Go to geocaching.com and type in your zip. It will show you what is in your area.

So far we've been out several times and have 9 finds in our little hometown. Many caches have little surprises in them and the premiss is... if you take something you leave something behind. There are also geocoins and tracking bugs which if you find, you take to another place and leave to help move them around the world. There is a log book at each place too so you can sign that you've been there. The site gives GPS coordinates, however, we found that while geocaching locally we have not needed a GPS system. It isn't required when you know the area. :)

If you have any more questions, let me know. :)

Shanna said...

We want to try GEOCASHING, but I think we will wait till Addy is a bit older. Looks like tons of fun! Will have to look more into it!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT sweets!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin