Monday, August 27, 2007

Knock me over

with a proverbal feather. A little history here first- My dh has been a smoker all of his adult life. When we first met (8 years ago), he quit but didn't tell me until later that he'd done that. Impressive! So for the first four years we were together he was NOT a smoker. Then his mom fell ill and passed away. He started smoking again during that time and he's been smoking ever since. Well back to last night. He comes home from work and tells me and the kids that he is QUITING. We are so thrilled and very proud of him!

The rest of my post will be small potatoes to that news. ;)

I took it easy this weekend because I felt sick all weekend. Just icky and fluish. Yuck! I did scrap a little. The Amazing digi scrapping race came to and end yesterday. It was a lot of fun! My partner and I did finish the race. Our names will be put into the drawing for the grand prize. Wish us luck! :D

Before by dear hubby came home with the news of quiting smoking, the highlight of my week had been that he was bringing me home a hubcap for my car. I know that sounds silly but I had a flat like six months ago or so and lost my hubcap. We were going to buy a new one but Chevy wanted to charge us upwards of $100 bucks for a plastic cap. So my dh said to let him see if he could find one this summer at a junk yard and if not we'd order a new one when school started. Well - he found one the other day! He brought it home last night and put it on and now my car looks all nice and purty again.

Tomorrow I'm back to work. Yep... I'll be excited about it if I wake up feeling ship shape in the morning. I'm looking forward to fall and a new routine.

Well here's what I scrapped this week. Thank for looking!







Thanks for stopping in! Have a super great week!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

wooohooo for hubby... that is a tough thing to do... my hubby and I quit yikes.. I think it was 10 years ago. I was able to do it... he struggled because he loved to smoke.. but he did it... you must be so proud. Love all your layouts.

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty Jennifer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin