Thursday, August 23, 2007

The poor kids

They been poked and prodded by the dentist, doctor, and tomorrow their orthodontist. They are no longer good sports about it either. But alas they are ready for school to start back up next week. Luckily, they had no cavities, no health issues, and only had to get one booster shot each. The orthodontist appointment will be a breeze. Hehehe

This afternoon we are heading into Target to pick up the last few things the kids need as far as school supplies. And then I'm taking darling daughter over to Macy's to get her a little make-up. Gasp! It's hard to believe she's old enough to start wearing make-up. I've talked with her about doing this just before school starts but really I think it was to my benefit so that I would get used to the idea that she's growing up. *sniff sniff* What's a mother to do? This is my youngest too!

I must say, much to my relief, my dear son chose NOT to play football this year. I'm actually really glad because last year it was nothing but stressful for us both. It was a hard decision for him which he wanted me to make but I didn't. Instead, both kids are going to join a bowling program. I don't know all the details at this point but its a 33 week program where we meet every Saturday and it's tied in with some sort of scholarship program. They seem pretty excited about it. It should be interesting. And then if dear son keeps his grades up this fall he is going to give basketball a try this winter. It's all good, right? ;)

The weather has been so wacky this summer. It's been cool and rainy one day and bright and warm the next. Along with the changes in pressure we must have a high pollen count right now because my ds and I keep waking with our allergies really bothering us. All week long we've had headaches and sinus discomfort. I'll be glad when its fall and the weather isn't changing on us from day to day.

I haven't been super scrappy this week. Just busy getting the house organized and the last minute stuff done before heading back to work next week. Here's one lo of our stop at Powell's book store recently. :D



Well, I'm thinking that when we run to town we need to stop at the mall and get some new lotions at both and body works, stop into the salon and gets some new hair goods, and definately stop at heart & home to get some new yummy fall-ish smelling Yankee tarts. That should brighten a girls day - don't you think?

You all have a great rest of the week and thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin