Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weekend Projects



Well the top two pics are of what I'm replacing. It was a stock linolium in the kitchen which I never very much cared for. And why? Why on earth would someone put carpet in a dining room and mud room? For years I've wanted to replace the carpet in those two rooms. Well, I decided to do that this weekend. Yep. School got out on Friday a little early and to celebrate, I went down to Home Depot and bought the supplies I need and tackled this little project on my weekend home alone. The dear hubby and kids helped on Friday pull up the old lino and carpet. I'm doing the rest. So far I've laid the new flooring in the kitchen. The dining room is getting a fresh coat of paint and then the flooring will go down in there. And in the morning I'll finish up the mud room. :D

We stopped at Target also on Friday to buy a new microwave because ours died. While there dear hubby bought a carpet cleaner too. When I'm done with this project, that's next on my list. I'm trying very hard to get everything CLEAN and IN ORDER before next weekend so when we return from vacation, I can just enjoy the summer with the kids.

Friday we celebrated Father's day in our household since dear hubby had to work today. It was nice and he opened a few gifts from the kids. They got him a 'worlds greatest dad' shirt and hat (he loves those!)and some of his favorite candies. He also got a coffee grinder. And we topped it off by taking him out to lunch. He chose Red Lobster... Yummy! It was a nice day!

Going back to va-ca... Seven more days. Yes, a new countdown. :D

Well, break is over. Must get back to work. You all have a super weekend and enjoy fathers day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin