Monday, June 18, 2007

The floor is coming along nicely...



Blood and sweat have gone into this but it's starting to look good. lol! The kitchen is done and that was the largest area as well as the most difficult to do with a lot of specialty cuts. The dining room is 2/3rds of the way finished and tomorrow the project will be complete. Yay! I *had* to post the pic this evening. I just took it and so its a little dark but I'm sure you get the idea. :)

The carpet cleaner got put together today and I cleaned the family room. I'm really pleased at the job it did. Tomorrow I'll hit the livingroom as well. Later in the week I need to do my bedroom as well. Gosh by the end of the week, if I can keep up this pace, things will be lookin' good.

I've been reading a book by a new to me author and its really good. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and it is a fictional murder mystery set in the PNW. GONE by Lisa Gardner. When we were in Target last week I picked up two more books by her for vacation. I'm really looking forward to digging into those. One is in this series I'm reading and the other is not. Hopefully they are just as good. :D

Picasa 2 I downloaded a long time ago and really don't use it much. I decided that I'm going to take the time to tag my scrappy stuff. Early when I needed a break I sat down at the computer and started doing just that. I'm really glad I'm doing it because I forget (and I know I'm not alone in this boat) about stuff that I've purchased and never used. This is a great reminder and should be quite useful once I'm finished.

And I'm sitting here at the computer and realizing that the touch up paint I used on the walls earlier today in the livingroom and family room is slightly off color. Hmph! Did I grab the wrong bucket? Did I not stir it well enough? Do I really need to repaint it again tomorrow? Those are the questions of the evening. lol!

Well, its getting late so I shall head off to bed with my book. Thanks so much for stopping by. You all have a great week!

3 comments:

Joy said...

woohoo... I cant wait to see when you are done.. and about the paint.. hmm.. I am so upset still about my living room I have not fixed it yet.. I had the whole room painted which is quite tall... and they ran out of paint.. so I bought more and as they were finishing up I was walking all over the kitchen and living room touching it up... hah!!! they didnt match...makes me sick. oh well.. some day I will repaint the whole thing.. it is the only thing I can do at this point. Have fun.. Joy

Anonymous said...

Lookit all the work you are doing! Love your floor!!! Wish I had the energy to do house stuff like that!

Unknown said...

Awesome floors! We are currently trying to match existing hardwood and having a terrible time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin