Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First day of summer...yay!

It's here, it's here, it's finally here! School is officially out and summer's here. I am estatic! Our summer VACATION is just around the corner. I have some i-tunes downloaded and some good reading lined up... I am prepared. ;)
*********

So I did get called in for jury duty last week on Wednesday. It was fine but I was a little nervous that I would need to serve again the next day and miss out on my darling daughter's performance in the talent show. It all worked out though... thanks for small favors! I was dismissed on Thursday and able to see Mckena play her guitar while her friend sang to a karoke CD. They were too cute! Haven't had any time to scrap it but here's a couple of pics. :D

*********
I know I complained a while back about some things going wrong but may I say that we seem to be on a roll at this point. I hope it is nearly over as I'm not sure we can manage with good humor for much longer.
  1. boat motor needed rebuilt
  2. dishwasher quit and we had to replace
  3. bought out of old cell contract and bought new phones and services- thanks to dh's work :S
  4. mower needed $125 in repairs
  5. found old mower beyond repair and had to purchase a new mower
  6. laptop died (thank goodness it under warrenty) but spent small fortune getting desktop into good working order this week before shipping laptop off for repairs.
The money tree in the backyard is looking pretty thin as of late... if you know what I mean. Probably a good thing I'm getting some extra $$$ this summer working rather than taking it off.
Okay... vent over.
**********
Looking forward to vacation but also looking forward to afterwards as well. This week is crazy finishing up work and preparing for our camping trip that its exhausting. A pleasant surprise is that we were able to extend our trip a few more days and stay out through the 4th of July. Found out yesterday that dh's schedule would work out that way and so we are SO PLEASED! And when I return I plan to get lost in a scrapping frenzy. I have the desktop all set up and rip roaring and ready to go.
*********
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin