Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shhhhhhhh.......

The children are still sleeping. Let's not wake them. It's one of those moments where time has been flying by at what seems like a stealth speed for weeks and then this morning I woke to a lovely, quiet, glorious morning that seems to be lingering. I love it! Peaceful, quiet, and refreshing.

The highlights of the past few weeks? Let's see-

1. Darling daughter did really well in track this year. (Yay!- It's over!) She competed in districts but the coach won't tell her how she did until the award ceremony in a week. Oh the torture! lol!

2. Dear son is being honored with an award Tuesday night at school. He's a freshman this year and has had a GPA above 3.5 all year so our family is invited to attend this special award ceremony.

3. We planted our garden at the beginning of the month and then had a lot of rain the following week and we didn't know how it would affect the seeds. This week, we have everything up but the corn. The corn sadly did not make it. We'll be replanting this weekend in that area. :)

4. My husband has been having a list of troubles lately and finally decided to go see a doctor. He was diagnosed with ADHD. We were both surprised and after looking into it it was kind of crazy because he had nearly all the symptoms listed but we never would have thought of something like that. He started some meds for it and two weeks later, he says he is beginning to feel better. I'm so glad he is!

5. We took the boat out. I don't know why, but that is such a calming and relaxing thing for me to do. I was so happy to hit the water. We've had our boat now going on four years. We were out on the water all of the time the first two summers and then last year we only took it out twice. With the combination of gas prices being SKY HIGH and the water level being SO LOW in the nearby lakes we hardly got out. This year is looking good and that makes me ESTATIC!

Here's a few things I've worked on while I was MIA from the blog-









And this week I am looking forward to- going to the zoo tomorrow with the kids. Going shopping while in Portland at IKEA. I saw in a mag a really neat shelf thing that held photo frames up on your wall (kind of like a chair rail) and it credited IKEA. So I'm going on the hunt. lol! Also, I'm invited to a stamping up get together with some friends from work Monday night. I haven't been to one in eons so it should be all new and FUN! Tuesday is the award thing for my son. This week Sims 3 comes out! I'm thrilled and hope to pick it up even though I know I probably won't have time to play it until I'm off for the summer. And and and.... lol! The best news of all - just 11 school days and 2 hours left before the kids and I are OFF FOR THE SUMMER! We are all really excited!

Did I mention yet the super fab and most awesome sale going on? Well, here's the low-down and you won't want to miss it! :)



Okay- I'll try to post again mid week. Thanks a million for stopping by for a visit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin