Friday, September 12, 2008

The Post Office

Long story shortened... About a year and a half ago, we started having problems with the mail. We didn't get things we were expecting, we started getting neighbors mail, we were getting things in our mailbox open or packages torn to shreds and all but destroyed. We went in and complained a few times where we were told they "would speak with the mail carrier." We asked if the mail carrier was new because we'd live here for a long time with no problems prior to this but we were told it was the same person. Hmph!

It got better for a while but all summer this has been happening again. Wrong mail delivery, missing mail, and then this week a package I had been expecting last week never came. I called the company that shipped the package Monday and they asked me to give the delivery a little extra time since we had a recent holiday (which seemed quite resonable to me) and said it should be here by Wednesday at the latest. They wanted me to call back Wed. if I didn't get it. It didn't come, I made the call, they traced the package which was sent with a Fed Ex tracking code. It had been delivered to my local post office a week before this. So where was my package?

I called the post office where they had a new manager who was unaware of this history of problems. When I told her the package was missing she said they would look into it. She also informed me that I had a new mail carrier for the last few months. She calls back later in the day to tell me that the mail carrier had a fill in that day for her route and that she has since had a neighbor of mine call and file a missing mail report as well. She said she'd get back to me in a day or two. I called back the company who sent the package and asked what I was supposed to do since I prepaid for this and it was lost in the mail. I expected them to give a phone number where I could file a complaint, however, they came back on the line to let me know that they were going to ship me a second package free of charge. I couldn't believe it. How cool is that?! I didn't expect that at all, but what awesome customer service!

I'll update next week on the post office saga as it continues...

I've been a little scrappy this week. Feeling the fall mojo here's a lo and a paper bag book I made. TFL!





My new work schedule is okay. We are finally getting back into a routine here. Thursday and Friday are definately my favorite work days this school year because I get to teach 6th grade art. I've really been enjoying that! :)

Well, I gotta run. I hope my friends affected by the recent or coming hurricanes are all safe and sound. Thinking of you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking as I was reading this: I wonder if she ordered from Coldwater Creek! Cuz when I worked there, that was our policy! Which I thought was the most rockin'est customer service policy ever! :)

That stinks about the mail, though. You can complain to someone higher up, and get that taken care of I would think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin