Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One word

Simplify.

I think as I am getting older and hopefully a little wiser, I am learning to focus on the most important things in my life. When I turned 35 it was a difficult year as far as "getting older". And I don't think it was so much that I was getting older but my kids were too. At 36 I got out of my funk and clean out a lot of "stuff" I'd been holding on to. Cleared out a lot of clutter in the house, garage, storage, etc. This summer on my quest to focus a little more on myself, I have found the need once again to simplify life.

The end of last week and all of this week I have/am moving from room to room or box to box and asking myself if each item is used, purposeful, or sentimental. If it isn't it is going into a garage sale this weekend. It is SO MUCH WORK. But the benefits of simplifing will so be worth it.

And moving on to scrappy things... Here's a sappy lo's I did this week.



And here's a couple of pics of a tag book I made my dh. It's full of pics of our recent vacation. He's on the road a lot so I thought this would be a fun way for him to keep some of those memories close.





Darling daughter and I are hanging out around the house today. We are going to watch a movie we rented last night while eating lunch. Then, and I'm very proud for this, we are going for a bike ride. I have been walking a biking a minimum of two miles a day about 5 days of the week for several weeks now. Even though there are some days I really don't want to, I do any way and I feel better for it. I just need to keep with this until it becomes habit. :)

With the plans of the garage sale and some home improvement works in progress, the house is a complete mess right now. Lol! So in another week, I'll have some things finished up and will takes some pics of my scrappy table skirting, the new chandelier when it gets here and hung, and a new pic of the kitty cats. They are getting so big. They are having a ball right now in the house because of things being in disarray. They act like its a giant playground.

So wrapping up my rambling here- thank you, thank you, thank you so much for stopping in! I hope you all have a super wonderful week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin