Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm still around

Let's see...

Working hard. My dear hubby's work sent him off to Louisiana for a few weeks. That left me to get ready for the garage sale on my own. And to finish up many home improvement projects, and shop for materials for others he will need to finish upon his return.

The garage sale was fairly successful. There was a festival in town this weekend so we didn't have quite as much traffic as we have in past sales. We are thinking of selling again for one more day this next weekend before hauling it all off to the Goodwill. I'm not totally sold on that idea as I would like to haul it all away now but we shall see.

While going through the house preparing for the garage sale, I started painting the kitchen. I had painted it a bright golden yellow 8 years ago when we moved in. It's really needed a new fresh coat of paint. Dear hubby wanted to buy some new dishes too. A lot of what we have had in life were hand me downs or thrift sale type items until we married 8 years ago. We've purchased things over the years that reflected us. Dishes were apparently next of his list. Here's what we ended up with (we bought them just before he left) -





I like the stoneware but was a little concerned it would give the kitchen a fiesta/Tex/Mex flavor with that color combo. Our house is decorated more... hmmm... eclectic country? lol! So out with the gold and in with the...





It's a pretty robin's egg blue/craftsman blue. Dear hubby hasn't yet been home to see it so I'll be curious to see what he thinks now that its up on the walls. The corner there is too high for me to reach so its left unpainted until he returns.

We have a three bedroom house without an extra room for all my scrappy stuff like some people have. So I have always claimed a short wall in our bedroom as my space. It's not very pleasing to the eye to see all my messy stuff piled on brown banquet tables in an organization method that looks in disarray to the untrained eye... so I took care of that before our vacation. JoAnn's was having a clearance sale and I found some vinyl and some really cool kind of french country fabric. I brought it all home and covered the tops of the ugly brown tables with off white vinyl and sewed some skirting to hide my under table storage needs. It has worked out like a charm AND it looks so much better since it is in my bedroom. I promised a few pics so here they are-





And speaking of scrappy things, the only thing I had time to put together since last post was one hybrid card. It turned out pretty cute though-



I hung two lights this week too. The chandelier is so pretty. And I changed out the light above the kitchen sink to a pendant since I have the kitchen torn apart. I'm in love with the new lighting. I'll get some pics of those for an upcoming post. :)

So yesterday... I must share this with you... I was contacted by an old friend from high school who sent me a link to our upcoming 20th reunion website. So I go to check it out and there is a picture of me from high school. My hair was permed and fried and sprayed up high. Come on now, you know what I'm talking about. The higher the better and we would "flair" out the sides too. I should look for the picture to post- lol! But I digress, so my darling daughter walks up and looks over my shoulder. She starts busting up laughing and asks me if I dressed up there for an 80's dance? Of course I have to explain to her that that was not for a dance but how we all did dress because I did grow up in the 80's. She was holding her side laughing hysterically at me for several minutes. So glad I could be such entertainment. Yes I felt really old last night. *giggle*

Speaking of old, we got a Wii fit yesterday. Yay! They seem to be pretty cool! I'm overweight which is not secret. The kids couldn't wait for me to get on it and to see the little Mii get heavy. Yes they make your little character fat if you are. However, the joke was really on them because after the little analysis, it said I was fit and 3 years younger than I really am. Oh Yeah! Lol!

Okay I've probably bored you to tears with my rambling at this point so off I shall go. Thank you for checking in on me. I hope you all have a super super super cool week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay on your garage sale. It always feels good to purge, imo :)

LOVE the dishes and your blue kitchen! Very pretty tables :)

I love your new pic. Your dd did not get the last laugh, trust me, when she looks back, she'll feel the same way! Don't we all?! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin