Thursday, May 17, 2007

20 days and 2 hours

okay 20 work days and 2 hours then I will be on summer break. Not that I'm counting. ;) But really I'm getting so very excited. We have a week between when school gets out and when we leave to go camping/boating/fishing for a week. Yay!

I have quite a bit to do before we leave. First of all, we took 4 dogs with us last year and one of them was pregnant. Yep. We have small dogs so they do travel well. It was hot hot hot and I felt bad for them at times - so this year (we have one more since last summer because we kept one of the babies) we are going to kennel the ones that don't truly enjoy camping and boating. My dog however, is one that truly enjoys going with us. It really is funny. He's the smallest of our pups yet he's a little daredevil. He LOVES to go on our boat. He LOVES to go tubing. We learned this last year when on vacation. I was getting on the tube for a turn and Harry jumped from the swim platform onto the tube over a span of about three feet of water. He is crazy! This winter his went sledding with us. hehehe. But I digress. I have to finish licensing the boat and trailer, renewing our boating insurance, purchase new tires for the trailer. We need to get the dogs in for the kennel cough vaccine so they can go to the puppy hotel. The list goes on and on. The point is... its time to start working on it. :D

Mother's day was very nice. The kids were sweet and for the most part well behaved. Dear made a delish dinner. We hung out and watched some movie rentals and played some board games. It was nice!

I've been doing okay on my WW plan. Last week I wasn't as good as I should have been but I still lost a pound so I'm pleased. I do really feel successful on this plan. And I think that this is a much healthier way to lose. One of the gals at work (who is thin normally) had put on a couple of pounds so she was wearing a Pedometer this week. I was in earshot when someone asked her why she was wearing it. She said that she marked long ago how many steps she took in a regular day. When she puts on a couple of pounds, she gets her Pedometer back out and monitors her activity to make sure she is active enough. I thought that was pretty clever! So yesterday I went down to the sporting store and bought one for myself. I hope this will also aid me in my weight loss adventure.

And on another subject... I'm becoming addicted to bowling. We went the last two afternoons. LOL. The reason its so funny is that I hated bowling as a child. Really! Now my kids are doing it and I find that I'm loving it.

I scrapped some... We'll leave off with them. Thanks for stopping in! You have a super week!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin