Saturday, April 12, 2008

She's gone and done it!

Last Sunday the kids and I dressed up in our flip flops and sunglasses to head to the beach themed bowling awards ceremony. It was a lot of fun. They blew up some beach balls and tossed them into the crowd, raffled off prizes, and we watched a great slide show. The time came for awards and dear son was called up for a Spirit award. Later darling daughter was called up for Most Improved. I was a proud mom. And as things wound down they were giving out the last few big awards when they once again called darling daughters name. This one surprised us all. McKena was awarded Bowler of the Year. Can you believe it?!? Both the kids were first year bowlers and darling daughter bowled this year in the oldest division so that she could stay with her brother. So not only did she do well, she was 11 most of the season bowling against many 18 year olds who have been doing this since they were 11. You go girl! Here's some pics-



This week has been pretty quiet. The colds are running rampant and I'm hoping that we are on the end of this one. Today is supposed to be the nicest day of the year. They are calling for a high of 76 degrees. I think we are going to get in the car and go see what there is to see. Maybe we'll stop at the tulip festival in Woodland and then head on down to IKEA in Portland, and make our last stop in Lafayette at the schoolhouse antiques. I've been talking about visiting that antique shop for years and we've never made it there yet. Dh mentioned earlier this week about going- and with the nice weather- why not?

I did scrap a lo this over spring break.



And during spring break I worked on another hybrid project. This is done with "What goes around" kit by Amanda Heimann and sold at thedigichick.com.



Well, this is a short post. Darling daughter is pulling her famous oatmeal cookies out of the oven as I type. I am going to go pack up a pic-nic, grab my camera, and hit the highway. You all have a super wonderful weekend too my friends! Thanks for stopping in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! CONGRATS TO MCKENA!!! That's excellent!!

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned, enjoy!

And your layouts and projects are always so pretty!

Anne said...

Congratulations, McKena!!! I love the little books you made. So cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin